Sals in guatemala

S

samuel

well after talkin to some people on the forum i actually found sals here in guatemala. ill try to start breeding them, maybe. thee thing is that i start talking to a guy that own a large pet store here in guatemala and he started to bring sals to guatemala, the first ones he brought are fire sals, havent seen them so i cant tell the species, the good thing is hes selling them very, very expensive so i guess people would really take care of them, theyre $85 each, i know ist tooooooo expensive but its something, im so exited ill be able to get them more easy, and now i have a way to bring the animals 100% legaly

I do not quite understand. What is so fascinating about fire salamanders when there are so many native species in Guatemala nobody is working with?

I think a better question would be does Samuel keep any native species, don't you think? It is rather common for us to be more interested in what is not readily available to us than in what is.

Just like the L. Vulgaris here, there are so many it's become common, while other people never seen one in wild or captivity.

i guess would be the smae with me, but i havent being able to get any of the species of my own country, do im working on it, i dont want to doit the wrong way so it would take a while to have the permits to get the sals form the wild, i might try to find some eggs intead of the animals, might be better, ill keep you informed, but yes its fascinating that were geting sals that we dont have

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back