Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Smooth Newt

B

ben-lee

Does anyone know the Setup of a tank for a Smooth Female Newt Approx 3" please help

B

ben-lee

do you have a pic of a setup i could use for her? i recently found out my palmate is a smooth newt!

W

william

if it is the animal you posted a picture of then it is definitely a palmate newt, triturus helveticus, not a smooth newt, triturus vulgaris

B

ben-lee

the pic on my other post if a palmate i got it from google but im trying to get a god picture of my newt any tips for taking photos?

B

ben-lee

that is mine on my prof pic at the left hand side of my messages but its a smooth newt, how dos every one take real good picture of your newts?

J

jeff

I thought you said you got the Palmate newt from a friend who works on the council? Oh wait, you got the picture of the palmate newt off Google. Never mind, SHOOT ME
smile9.gif
!

(Message edited by tmarmoratus on March 08, 2005)

B

ben-lee

i did, he said it was a palmate newt but since i posted a message on here people have said it isnt a palmate its a smooth because it doesnt have a tale filiment and it dosnt have a large crest, sorry if i confused you all because i was confused to

C

carl

i had a smooth newt once i thought it was hard to look after

B

ben-lee

there greedy :p
32170.jpg

was it as big as that ? :p shes proper fit and healthy
happy.gif

simon

Reaction score
BeNjO i think that what your doing (Breeding the Triturus Vulgaris) and the releasing into the wild is a good idea i am from York and will help you with any information you need email me if you want to contact me, Good Job BeNjO....Sye

W

william

how long has it been in captivity for?, from what i gather, under a week?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1