Finding Eastern Newt, or Notophthalmus viridescens (Or subspecies)

D

damielle

I live in Nova Scotia, and know this species lives in a similar habitat to my area. i have's seen any efts, however, and would like to know if this newt can be found in the forested areas around Halifax? If anyone lives in HRM, and knows of any places... Or Cape Breton, for that matter.

may not help i'm from the deep south, but i tend to find them in water weeds near shore also near shade. i have also found them in cypress forrest under or in moss, and fallen wood. kinda strange side note, i've seen more moving around durning the day than at night. thats only thing i can tell you about eastern newts ....hope my 2 cents helps some =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back