Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Temp herp job in alabama

P

paris

this one pays too small a monthly stipend for me to relocate for but it may work for someone who lives in that region...

Title: Herpetological Field Technician

Agency: Alabama A&M University

Job Description:
This job posting is for a seasonal field technician for the months of May-August 2007. There is potential for full-time status after August. Applicant will be assisting with a long-term project examining amphibian and reptile response to forest thinning and prescribed burning. Major responsibilities will include checking drift-fences, coverboards, and artificial pools. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with coppherhead radio-telemetry and habitat surveys. Technician may also participate with other work experiences (i.e. bird and mammal surveys) as time permits.
Qualifications: Applicant must have a basic knowledge of amphibian and reptile identification for the southeast and MUST be comfortable handling non-venomous and venomous snakes. Applicant must also be able to work long hours (10-12 hours per day) in hot, dry, tick-infested working conditions. Housing is provided in the form of tent camping at a Forest Service work station. Showers and kitchen facilities are provided on site at the work station. Applicant must include an updated CV or resume with at least three references upon application.

Salary: $600 per month

Last Date to apply: April 1, 2007

E-mail: william.sutton@aamu.edu(Preferred)
Phone: (256)-372-5945

J

jonathan

I am totally the man for the job. All I have to do is step into bankhead, and venemous snakes come to me.

J

jacob

Wow. I would move there in a SECOND if i could. I love being outside, have no apprehensions to ticks, comfortably handle snakes, WANT to handle venomous ones, have a very extensive knowledge of reptiles and amphibians of ANY region. $600 bucks a month may not seem like much, but when you consider that they're giving you a place to live (sort of)...

If ever there were a job for me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1