Tiger Sal Workshop (for you Californians)

J

joan

California Tiger Salamander Larval Survey Techniques Workshop

April 1-2, 2006 at Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA

Sponsored by the Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation

This workshop is designed to provide practical training on survey techniques for aquatic life stages of the California tiger salamander (CTS) and life history throughout the range in California. The workshop will consist of a morning lecture session followed by an afternoon field trip. The lecture session will include a review of the basic biology and ecology of CTS, identification at the egg, larval, and adult life stages, identification of other amphibians and aquatic invertebrates commonly found with CTS larvae, U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service and California Department of Fish and Game regulations and approved survey protocol, and management and conservation plans. The field trip session will provide hands-on field training in survey techniques, including a demonstration on seining and dip net sampling, and hands-on practice. Flyers and registration forms are available at www.lagunafoundation.org.

Wow, I'll definitely have to take this into serious consideration. It could be quite fun.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back