Giglei (giglee i) newts not sure on spelling

D

douglas

I would appreciate any pics and info on this newt from Europe/UK

Thanks in advance, Douglas

Mike thanks for the info. You were correct. Would you happen to know where I could purchase some newts like these??
Salamandra salamandra gigliolii

Regards, Douglas

S. s. gigliolii are protected in italy. Very few people breed them in Europe and I think (but I'm not completely sure) no one breeds them in the US.
Ciao

Francesco, thanks for the info on this species. I have only been able to locate two photos of them thus far one of an orange/black the other of a yellow/black variation. very nice looking I must say.

(Message edited by jennewt on December 22, 2003)

Douglas, I deleted the photos that you posted. At Caudata.org, we do not allow posting of other people's photographs without permission. It is impolite, and may be a violation of copyright, even if the site does not state that they are copyrighted. The photos are posted at Kawamura's site:
http://www.rieo.net/amph/saramand/imori/sala/gigliolii.htm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back