Fungus?

L

leanne

21338.jpg

Well, I have my own digital camera now!!! So I took a photo of my easterns and wanted to ask about the little white dot on Stan's back, right in the middle behind his eyes a little bit---you can see in the picture. He has had this for about 3 days, and I am treating the water with MelaFix, an "all-natural" (main ingredient: Melaleuca) antibacterial solution. Any suggestions? Hoping this dot will just magically disappear when he sheds his skin
uhoh.gif
}

Darn, that is not showing the "dot" very well...sorry about my amateur photographer status here, will try to get a close-up....

I don't see much of a fungus in the picture. Are you sure it isn't a scar from a healed wound or an odd marking? I wouldn't recommend using the melaleuca at the recommended strength. Melafix is made by a local company. It is their all natural miracle cure. I've tried it and didn't have a miracle. My standby for fungus, bacterial diseases, Aeromonas and skin disease of aquatic salamanders is Furan -2. It works for me and is the first thing I reach for if I think medication is necessary.

Michael, thanks for replying, I don't know if it is a fungus or a sudden scar or odd marking, but it was not there a week ago, so I was going to try to figure out what was going on, heh! Can I get Furan -2 at PetSmart (I don't have much of a choice but to shop there, since this is the only pet store in a 100-mile radius).
uhoh.gif

I don't know about Pet Smart. I get mine from That Fish Place / That Pet Place. They are close to me but they have a mail order supply too. I'm still not sure I'd treat it unless the spot grew.

Ok---will definitely keep an eye on it but won't go to the measure of treating him further till then. Will get ahold of some of this Furan-2 somehow, just for safety measures and to have on hand.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back