Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Feeding

J

jennie

I have two fire bellies, and whenever I feed them, one of them always hogs the food. I was wondering if it would harm the other one at all if I fed him with tweezers. I was just worried he might hurt himself on the metal or something. Thanks!

J

josh

there is a product from zoomed called feeding tongs, they do the same job as tweezers but are plastic. Hope that helps :\

justin

Reaction score
well i used to feed my female firebelly bloodworms (live) and i used tweezers and they never hurt there self. i say give it a try just put the food at the tip dont put the food to high

M

maria

I got my first axolotil a month ago and waiting the recommended 4-6 weeks to introduce second one. Quite small, 10-12 cm lenghth. Any tip on feeding, or help appreciated please.Maria Kopec.

(Message approved by admin)

P

paul

i feed my orientalis with tweezers all the time with no injuries so far. They have bitten the tweezers before but they don't bite hard enough to do any damage

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1