My FBN

S

suzanne

I have had my newt for about a month now....I originally came here in hopes that some one would help me with my problem of my newt not going in to the water....and lots of people did.....well he went in to the water eventually....but not i have another problem....like i said my newt went in to the water and wouldnt come out, but now he is out again and wont go back in...and also i have never seen him eat anything, he has gotten very skinny, i would go out in to my back yard and get worms for him but i dont know how safe they are for him....and there is no pet store near me....can any one help me?
Thanks
Smitti

Earthworms from outdoors are 100% safer than starvation. This is the food that is most likely to get the newt to eat. I hope it's not too late. After a month of not eating, it's hard to get them started again. If the worms are too big, cut them up. It may seem gross, but it's a lot less gross than a dead newt. Good luck!!

My Newt is in the water like he use to be...
happy.gif
now I still have to get him eating....are earth worms from the fishing store ok because the ground here is still a little bit frozen...

Thanks
Suzanne

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back