Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Salamandra salamandra gallaica

B

ben-lee

How big do these sals frow it says 5cm on pollywog but when you click it it says Size: 19 - 25cm (7.5 - 10").

witch one is it please?

B

ben-lee

and can you handle these like hold them and if so for how long? do they bite? thanks

J

joan

They're large salamanders. I'm sure already you've been directed to www.caudata.org/cc. There is a wealth of information there, and is always a good place to find answers to your questions.

Salamanders should not be handled at all unless there are extenuating circumstances which require it. This goes for all salamanders. Every one of them.

W

william

no they don't bite, if they try to it will not be poisonous and it will not hurt.

B

ben-lee

ok thanks for the info guys...2001 Feb...long time..more info :D

B

ben-lee

do you know of any places in the UK or a website that sells them ( leopard gecko's ) ? thanks ben

M

mark

Ben - before thinking "where can I buy one"..stop...take a deep breath and think "what do I know about this animal?" I've read numerous post of yours in the last few days (and boy there's been a few!) and it's clear that you have little understanding of basic amphibian husbandry, and now you are interested in reptiles..... You are obviously very keen...which is good, but please channel some of that energy in to learning the basics. Read some of the great articles in http://www.caudata.org/cc/ or buy book on the care of amphibians (or reptiles as your fancy takes you). Do your homework first and save us from your incessant postings...

B

ben-lee

iit may look as tho i am im just browsing the natural world, and to see whats on offer :p
i dont want a gecko thingi or a bearded dragon just like to see what there like
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1