Spotted salamander (Ambystoma maculatum)

B

ben-lee

Does anybody know a wenstie/shop in the uk that sells them? thanks

Ben,
Based on your posts regarding various species and where / how to get them, it seems to me that you're diving into this hobby head first without a whole lot of knowledge or experience. May I recommend that you focus on keeping what you have now until you become a bit more knowledgeable and experienced with keeping caudates. I know it's tempting to aquire a vast collection quickly, but that kind of approach to this hobby is likely to end in disaster.
sad.gif

Ohh sorry you have the wrong idea, its not for me, it for a freind, im asking for him sorry i know what you mean though making sure you can keep them and what they need plus keeping the ones you got alive..thanks jenn
happy.gif

Ben, again, I point you to www.caudata.org/cc for species care sheets. There is no need to ask for one, as a vast variety of them are already there. If your friend wants a salamander, it would be beneficial for them to also join the site and glean information first-hand.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back