Fungus growing on wood

R

rodrigo

I have a large piece of wood in my cynops tank and it´s developing mold on it...what do i do???
I had the same problem in my bombina tank some time ago....but then the mold disappeared and never happened again.
This time though there is more mold...can it kill my newts?? what do i do to get ride of it? should i just wait until it disappears??

You could try boiling it, which should kill the organic material that the fungus grows on, but it might come back. Ventilation is also important.

well it´s underwater so ventilation won´t help hehe
I put it in the freezer for three days. I thought about desinfecting it again....but i guess the fungus will still be in the water so when i put it back the mold will grow again.
I read somewhere that what you have to do is to let it grow until it decays because there´s no more "food" for it. That way it never grows again...but i doubt it´s safe for the newts to live in a water full of fungus...:S any idea?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back