My first newt! Is it male or female?

L

lamia

Hello!

I want to show you my first newt. It's really nice, I like it more than I first thought.

Loditxo5.jpg

Loditxo3.jpg

And now, I need you help to know what it is. When I bought it I thought it was he, but now I think its she. What do you think? It's nearly 9 cm long.

Loditxo4.jpg

Loditxo6.jpg

Loditxo7.jpg

I won't handle it again. It was only 3 minutes, but I think it was a bit of a torture for him/her
sick.gif

Bye!

I agree. He's on the plump side for a male, but the cloaca looks quite masculine.

Thank you very much
blob.gif

I've had him for nearly 3 weeks. He is in a 5 gallon tank now, but he'll have a 15 gallon tank and two or three tankmates in a month's time. I'll see if I can get two females, and maybe another male too.

Bye!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back