Cynops Orientalis Eggs?

J

jack

i have 2 cynops that are a few years old,one of them is crawling on the plants and leaving little black and white colored dots behind,also surrounding this dot is like a glue like substance....are these eggs? and will they hatch?

any info will be appreciated

i have seperate the eggs into another container,but im not sure if i have 2 females or a male and female...well i know one is a female lol.if they hatch i will know i have a male and a female...thanks for the help

looks like i have 2 females
sad.gif

(Message edited by jennewt on November 09, 2006)

I edited your post, as it was coming dangerously close to being a "wanted" post. You may use the Want Ad section of the forum for that. C.orientalis are not too hard to find, so you should eventually find a male. If one of yours were male, it would probably be obvious during breeding season (larger cloaca, tail fanning at the female).

i was just trying to ask,i know there are probably people in my own state that care for this type of newt.i didnt expect to get slammed.i will post in the proper section.thanks for your help and professionalism.

I really was trying to helpful, and a bit funny with the "dangerously close" part. I'm very sorry if it sounded harsh, that was honestly not my intention.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back