Online/book info regarding...

Z

zachary

Hey everyone-

I am an animal science major at Uconn and for my animal behavior class, I have to do a term paper of my choice. So, of course, I am deciding on comparing/contrasting marbled salamanders and fire salamanders, namely in the breeding/mating and rearing of the larvae. I know the caudate central(the site attached to this one) is a good online source, but I have only 2 online resources and need 3 books. I own two books, just ordered 3 more, I was wondering if there are any journals that contain info? Any help on journal issue or anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Zach,
Look at the references for the marble salamander article for good journal references.
If your college does not have them, try the nearest museum of natural history.
Ed

I replied to your other topic, but you can search especially the journals Animal Behavior and the herp journals for stuff. Try the genus name and something like mating, etc.

I'd check this site, http://www.doaj.org/, which is the directory of open access academic journals. It's free (duh, it's open! LOL) and it offers great and reliable info.

Another site I might recommend for research is www.jstor.org but it's a subscription site for those journals that are NOT open access. But certainly worth it and I'm betting your university has access to it.

Good luck, hope this post isn't' too late for your term paper!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back