Ahhh! Parasites!!!

ryan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Ryan
I was looking at Bart (mudpuppy) today, and I noticed on her side that there was 2 maybe 1/2cm long worms hanging out of an old scar on her side. These wounds looked pretty good and were healing, but now that I noticed that these two wormy things were on her I'm thinking otherwise.

What could they be?? Don't ask for a picture because my camera cant photograph them.

Oh the worms are a light grayish yellow colour with shiny white bands (they could just be the skin between the segments, they are to small to tell). Please help, this mudpuppy has been causing me a lot of grief in the short time that I have had it, but all my effort to help is worth it.

Bart is otherwise acting normal....

(Message edited by i_love_necturus on April 18, 2007)

I can't tell what they are but whatever they are get them off fast!

Well I looked her over (eh that feels weird typing that) again and I didn't notice the worms. She is very active at night so maybe she rubbed them off, or they could have dug into her skin. I check her again in the morning then I'll make a decision on what to do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back