Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Fire Bellied Newt Breeding

C

connor

Anyone done it? If you were to,could you keep the babies in with the adults or do they need to be kept seperate?

C

connor

ANy other info i should need to know like temp etc please post!!

C

connor

Yeahits that type.Ive read on some sites that if theres enough hiding places,they should be fine.

J

jennifer

Separate them? I'm not sure what you mean, Ryan.

Breeding newts is like growing bonsai trees... it requires patience and attention over a period of years. As you are new to newts, Connor, I would encourage you to focus on basic "care" issues first. FBN that get top-notch care usually breed themselves without much of any further thought from the owner.

ryan

Reaction score
I meant separate the larva from the adults, you never know what kind of accidents can happen. By the way Jennifer I saw that you took that photo off of the N. alabamensis page. You could add it to the N. beyeri page and in "()" wright N. cf species beyeri. Sorry that its off the topic here just thought you might notice it when you read what I meant about separating them

C

connor

Ive had my FB for 4 months now,and now know why he was always ontop of the filter...the water was too hot for him at 25 degrees celcius. You see, in the fish shop(which i think is brilliant and ill be woring there soon) they kept them in with some oddball tropical fish so i did it too. He was in with my betta and ADF for 4 months. After reading on sites that they prefer coldwater i immediately removed the heater from my hospital tank and put him in there,where hes active and happy...the only problem is that i now dont have a hospital tank and i wont be able to breed my bettas
cry.gif

I

ian

Yes, please focus on the basic care first, as Jennifer has said.
When the adults are happy, they will eventually lay eggs. But keeping the larvae in the adult tank usually 99.9999% of the time wont grow up. Unless you have a large tank, like a pond, with lot of microorganisms for the larvae to feed on.

Usualy when raising the larvae to junvenile stage take a lot of efforts. I have 50 CO at home and when they were young, they took me two hours everyday to feed them. So please put these into consideration.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!