Does anyone know where I can buy newts in Toronto???

N

nataly

Hi, I've had newts before and my tank is all ready, but I can't seem to find newts anywhere!!! I live in Thornhill, which is just a subway ride to Toronto. Does anyone know anywhere close to me, that sells newts or salamanders?

Thanks!
Nataly

What kind of newts are you looking for?

I live down in Windsor and I've seen a fair number in the stores around here.

Well, I'm thinking CFB, but any salamander or newt that can live in my aqua-terraria would be great! But there seem to be no newts for sale around me. None of the pet stores carry either newts or salamanders, and I can't seem to find a good reptile store either. So no newts for me in Toronto???

Well there are several in the TO area that should have them.

If you're interested I may be able to help you find some. If you are email me privately.

I could give (free plus shipping) you CFB terrestrial jeuvies which are newly metamorphosed. The only problem is the weather may be too hot to be sending caudates by mail now (usually overnight delivery). I am in Halifax so it is kind of a long trip, but one a newt can easily make without harm. I have over 50 metamorphosed jeuveniles and no one to give them to because I practically saturated the local market last year. Dalhousie's labs are crawling with pet newts.
Tara

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back