Bamboo?

K

kandace

<font color="0000ff"><font face="arial,helvetica"></font> Does anyone know about bamboo in a tank Ive been reading but I cant seem to find anything about bamboo if its ok or not and was hoping to find someone that knows anything about bamboo and if it will harm my salamanders? or mess with the chemistry of my water</font>}

Kandace, I tried the bamboo and found that it didn't work out so well. The bamboo did much better in about only an inch or so of water. Mine got mushy and died.

Also, just to be sure you saw the posts, I saw a picture of your salamander in the other post. You should check out the species pages. Your salamander should be in a terrestrial, not aquatic setup.

I am using some of it in a tank for newts that like warm temperature. But in a tank for most newts/sals, the animals need colder temps than what the bamboo tolerates, particularly in winter. I'm reasonably sure that the plant is harmless.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back