Any suggestions on using pvc pipe in tank

H

howard

I have read that using pvc pipe is good for your sal to go in a hide out. Do you put in below the substrate on an angle, if so will they be able to walk up it to get back on land or is it too slippery? or do you just put a piece in above ground and they will go inside and hide?

you can use anything as a hide. I use PVC in all of my tanks, the animals dont use them any more than they use any of their other hides. all of mine just sit on the surface. It's not slippery if you keep the tank at the proper humidity.

Kaysie, what can I do to make sure my tank is at the proper humidity? First how humid should it be in there for 2 barred tiger sals? Also I have read to put moss in there to help the humidity, but I read it has too much acid, so I took it out. I spray down my 10 gallon tank 3 times a day with spring water. What else can I do. Thanks?

just keep it moist. there are different types of moss. get a happy, live green moss, not sphagnum moss. 3 times a day is probably overkill (depending on what type of lid you have).

Agreed, I only spray down once a day, and it is being kept just fine. Got some nice green moss such as sheet moss or something. My tiger sals created their own burrow underneath the moss.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back