Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Can i feed my newts wardley tubifex worms?

thomas

Reaction score
i was wondering if i can do that cus live tubifex worms stink up my tank n my room...and my newts havent gone after the reptomin yet

i just set up the tank like 2 days ago...

any remedies for smelly tubifex?

it smells horrendous...

thomas

Reaction score
also can i put terranium moss in the water? or keep in the dry land...i made it a little moist...

its packaged moss

thomas

Reaction score
also do i put the dry food in the water...or in the bowl with water..or in the bowl dry

thanks alot in advance

thomas

Reaction score
those tubifex worms smell horrible..i mean i can deal with the smell but its leaking into my bedroom n smells like dooky..i should put the live tubifex worms in the bowl

J

jennifer

If the live tubifex stinks, then you should not use it. However, if the pet store takes care of their live worms, and you keep them rinsed every day and in shallow water, they will not stink. If they stink, it means they were not cared for properly (either by the pet store, or you) and the worms are dieing. See the instructions for "keeping live blackworms alive":
http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/worms.shtml

Regarding the moss, and where to put the food, it depends on where the newt is... does it stay in the water, or stay on land? What kind is it? How is the tank set up?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1