Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Im changing my newts setup......................................................

tiffany

Reaction score
i need to take them out while i do it and i don't really know where i can keep them for the time being. the only other place is a tiny fishbowl. How long should i let my new set up sit before i put the newts back in? and is a fishbowl suitable? evn if i just but wet papertowels? or would that be too small for 2 of them?

I

ian

What do you have? Fish bowl might be too small. Maybe try to get a plastic box. Maybe put some gravels from the tank to the box so that it can still help with the biological filtration.

J

joan

Are you just rearranging the tank, or dismantling it and creating a new setup? If you're just rearranging things, and are not disturbing the nitrogen cycle, then just keeping them in a fish bowl for a few hours is fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!