Shedding

J

john

My CFBN is shedding and I was wondering how I could comfort her to the best of my ability. She started shedding and hasn't eat'n since then. ( 1 week 7 days ) Any responses would be appreciated!

~John

Has she fully shed. It shouldnt take her more than an hour or so to shed. So she hasnt eatin in 7 days. Dont get to worried yet. They only eat every 2-3 days. If she hasnt eatin in 2 weeks than start worrying. What are you feeding her. My CFBN love live blackworms. They wont eat any food unless it is live and wiggling. What are your water temps? What are you using to condition the water, or is it bottled water?

No, only here head has shed and she has become very terrestrial. I know that this is just a phase but I am trying to comfort her to the best of my ability. She hasn't eat'n ( I always hand feed them )in 8 1/2 days, Also I feed them small porsions of live earth worms and or frozen blood worms.I would love to have a black worm colony but haven't the time or spare money to buy some. My water temps are about 65 degrees, it depends on the outside temp.
I use Jungle ACE ammonia chlorine eliminator.

~John

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back