Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help!

T

tyler

I was really hoping someone could tell me where i could order salamander or newt eggs online. i'm conducting a project to show the life cycle of newts to my 7th grade class, and I couldn't find anywhere to buy eggs.

P

paris

indiana university will sell to educators, but also you can try carolina biological -just remember that these animals must not be 'released' into the wild when your class is done with them, though considered a grand gesture it is both illegal and immoral to release non native species. if you live in a location that has native species you might be able to collect an egg mass and raise them till they hatch or morph (which ever is your desired time frame) for this you will need to contact your local wildlife office and discuss the matter with them-the rules vary from state to state....

T

tyler

do you know of any private breeders where i could get some eggs?

B

benjamin

Well If you keep your eye on the sales forum you might just come across some.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!