Firebelly Help!

C

cameron

I got some Chinese Firebelly newts today! They were sold as Japanese but I have identified it as the Chinese. They are young juveniles and they are sort of avoiding the water right now and crawling under their stump. They are all looking great except for one (I have Four). It doesn't look good. (I'll post some pics of him later) One of his back legs is completely twisted and while his foot is in the air it walks on his knee. Surprizingly he can still walk well so he must of got used to walking on his knee like that. Also the tip of his tail and the middle of his tail is cut pretty bad. I looked at him with a handlense and luckily did not find any sign of infection. Should I wrap the tail gently with a strand of a towel or some so that germs can't enter his body so easily? Thanks for any suggestions!
sad.gif

By the way he still eats well and was the first to eat his tubifex worms and earthworms today so he must of felt good enough to eat in his new aquarium!

Please Help!

I hate to say it, but you are a owner of some poorly treated newts. Fresh water and good food are about all you can do, Good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back