Dworms with salis

B

beckie

If i house my samamander with a soil like substrate can i have worms in the dirt? will it hurt him at all?

worms dont actually eat soil.... they ingest it and get all the nutrients out of it, then it passes back out. either way, they're not going to "eat" that much.

ok, lets rephrase the question. i know salis eat worms. i want to know if the salis will be able to catch the worms to eat them (for a little midnight snack) and if the worms "little presents" will hurt the salis at all or create fumes.

The worms won`t hurt salis either, salis won`t catch all the worms and escaped worms will change a part of the soil into mud. Thereabouts.

beckie, sals have to catch worms in the wild, when we're not there to feed them, right? and the "little presents" are just dirt and a bit of nitrogenous waste. as long as the tank is ventilated like normal, i wouldnt worry about fumes. think of how many worms are in the soil in your yard. do they create fumes? as long as you keep the soil at a good moisture level, you neednt worry about mud. just about "restocking" worms after a while.

best of luck

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back