HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

david

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Help me please!!!!!, I have requested some help with sick ribbed newts. I really need help! Isn't there anyone with somthing to say?</font></font>

Hi David,
Online diagnosis are not the best way to treat an sick or injured animals. You mentioned you have a fungus problem, is this a primary fungal infection or a secondary fungal infection due to injury, bacterial infection, or viral infection? There is a different treatment method required for each of these situations. As you mentioned you tried several otc medications that were made for fish and were unable to resolve the situation (which can often be the case due to drug resistance or improper dosing and/or lack of absorbtion). Jen gave you the best information available based on the information available.
In your place I would be contacting the person I got those newts from and either look to return them or get some kind of credit for them. If they will not help you out with the situation I would then look up the ARAV website to see if there are any Vets near me who treat amphibians and can help you through the use of diagnosis and the use of currently accepted effective drugs.
I'm not trying to be rude but this is really what you need to do.
Ed

I agree with Ed. It is common for newly-acquired animals to arrive in such bad shape that they don't survive. Keep them in clean surroundings, and if any are strong enough they may recover. Seek a vet if possible. Sorry I can't be more helpful or optimistic.

Well, to both of you thanks for the input. I wish there was more I could do but as in my experience with fish, sometimes it is just survival of the fittest. I will continue to keep them clean and try to keep some alive. By the way The store I bought them from is standing behind them 100%. I am quite surprised and will therefore do more buisness with them in the future. Thanks again and Ed I did not think you were rude at all. I appreciate any input at all. David

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back