Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help! My newts won't eat!

A

anderson

My two CFBNs won't eat! I have had them for about 3 months and have fed them v-fortified frozen crickets. All of the sudden... they won't eat! Good news, though. I have crystal clear (and clean) water, and they just seem to have discovered their land legs!

J

jennifer

There are a lot of things that could be going on here. Were they aquatic and now they are staying out on land? That could be a bad sign.

Even though the water is crystal clear, it may still have water problems. How often do you do water changes - and whole changes, or partial changes?

It is harder to feed newts that are up on land. Perhaps you need to try hand feeding with a toothpick or tweezers. Or try different foods.

C

caterpillar

My newt LOVES frozen brine shrimp or blood worms. You could try that. =)
She would never eat crickets though.

A

anderson

OK... thanks to both. Every 2 weeks I do a partial change.

A

anderson

Well, I just brought in some earthworms, and one newt tore them up. The other one still won't eat, and it's been over a week...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!