Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Termites again

G

greg

Okay. a while ago somebody posted a company that sells feeder termites. I bought from them.. LIked them... but no longer remember the name of the company or how to reach them. something like "taste of the tropics" or something like that. Does anybody remember the name of the company and/or how to reach them?

oy.... a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
greg

J

jennifer

Sounds like a promising food source for small terrestrials. How long can these be kept before feeding, and do you keep them at room temp or in the fridge? If they escape, can they eat your house?

G

greg

Actually.... they were good while they lasted. I ended up feeding off most of the order within 24 hours and that was a good thing. I dumped the rest into a 10 gallon with a glass top... sprayed it well with water... and within a week they were all dead.

hmm... just how is it that they survive so well where you DON'T want them?

Oh, but these bugs apparently won't establish in your house because no queen is sent. I have heard that this is why USDA allows them to be sent.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1