Cologne in newt tank

W

william

Ok i was at a soccer tournament this week end and i left some cologne on my dresser which happens to be were my newt's tank is well my little sister spayed some of my cologne into the newts water. i just found out this morning when i got home i removed him from his tank and put him in a kritter keeper with some fresh water and some rocks that hadn't been in the tank. I'm going to clean out the whole tank,plants,etc. is there any thing else i should do? Also will he be alright since i dont think the cologne sunk since i skimmed it all off the surface.

Cologne is approximately 3-5% oil, approx. 70% alcohol and approx. 30% water. I think your newt will be fine. If it was just a few sprays, the water to alcohol ratio wouldn't have been enough to have much of an effect.

ok thanks ya after cleaning out his tank and stuff he seems fine today

I'd change your filter and put in fresh carbon, and do a 20% water change. If he's acting normally, don't be too worried.

ya i did change the filter and did a massive clean down of his tank and hes fine so no worries thanks for the advice tho

One more piece of advise:

If your little sister sprayed cologne in the newt tank because it smelled bad, perhaps you should clean it more...

L O L
biggrin.gif
rofl.gif
biggrin.gif

(Message edited by tmarmoratus on June 09, 2005)

No I had just clean the tank so its not that she said she sprayed it in there because "she was watering the plants"(shes 4)

(Message edited by wishz1 on June 09, 2005)

(Message edited by wishz1 on June 09, 2005)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back