Two species being kept together

S

shonagh

Can a mandarin salamander be kept with a fire bellied newt? I know one is mainly aquatic and the other one isn't, but if their enclosure catered for both would it be safe?

i´d say never mix anything...but maybe someone here with more experience can guide you.

Where On earth did you get the mandarin salamander! Im so envious!

Mina, they're around. They're not that rare in the trade. I have one myself.

Shonagh, I would NOT keep these two species together. My Tylo is very aquatic, as would be a firebelly.

It's rarely a good idea to mix species.

Not In my neck of the woods.... If you could find some one who ships them i would love it. I just cant find them!

Michael Shrom is selling them down in the 'for sale' section right now.

I've been telling my adult T. shanjing to get busy but to no avail. For the last couple years w.c. shanjing have been showing up in the trade. I think some c.b. imports might show up in the spring.

Thanks, I thought it probably wasn't a brilliant idea but just wanted to double check. It might be my imagination, but he seems lonely and I can only find pairs for sale.

Mina, I bought Abe off a lady on a reptile site that had decided to sell him. It was pretty reasonably priced actually, for him and his home!

Well, good luck finding one Mina!
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back