Firebellied newts

T

taidgh

Hey has anyone got a good care sheet on these newts. I want a care sheet that will tell me basic setup, temps and food they eat etc..
Thanks.

You probably have cynops orientalis or pyrrhogaster but a lot of other newts besides cynops are called fire-bellied newts - at least paramesotriton (and pachytriton - usually called paddletails in the pet trade though) that I am aware of. I am pretty sure Mark gave you the info you needed, just trying to be informative
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Jesper

Taidgh, I'm guessing from your name that you're in Ireland. I'm in Dublin. If you would like to exchange info, please get in touch with me. I keep several species (you can see my profile by clicking on my name on the left). You can contact me via my profile too or on here. Incidentally, I own Caudata.org.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back