Disease???

thomas

Reaction score
Display Name
newton
Hi

I just bought four "Northern Slimy Salamanders" on a show recently with a friend. When we returned to storage were we keep our herptiles a problem came up... The individuals have small pink "granules" on their stomach and feet...

Do anyone know (1) what kind of problem or disease this is and (2) how your treat or solve this type of problem...?

Please let me know what I can do with it...

Sincerely,
Thomas

They are probably trombiculid mites and they can be found seasonally in caudates. They can be difficult to treat and typically require the assistance of a vet.

Ed

My salamanders are very small so I wonder if they would survive the stress they will run through when a vet is doing surgery on them....???

Sincerely,
Thomas

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back