What to feed CFBN

N

nathan

Hey guys!

I have had my newts for a year and two months and they are currently switched from a 5.5 gallon to their new 10. They seem more active but I would like them to chase food for more excersise. I feed them freeze dried bloodworms which they seem to eat and are fairly big not fat but a little plump. so obviously they are eating them. I went to the pet store today and perchased a dozen guppies that are now residing in my old tank. I asked the lady if they would eat crickets, mealworms, and waxworms as well and she said no way. My newts are a whopping 7 cm. do you think they would eat any of the three insects above. and also will my guppies eat bloodworms

Nathan

(Message approved by admin)

your guppies will eat bloodworms.

i feed my orientalis frozen bloodworms, slugs/worms/woodlice( a.k.a. pillbugs) from the garden, and occasionally small freshly killed crickets which i let float on the surface.

As for the mealworms/waxworms, if they are small enough to be swallowed then they would be eaten. i think the wax worms also float which will help keep them alive till they are eaten.

the lady u asked was wrong your newt could eat crickets just get the small ones. be careful make sure the crickets are eatin before you leave because crickets can bite your newt. you really should not have guppies in there with the newts because i put guppies in there too and the fish had baby and that was a pain. but if your newts eat them then its your dicision.

Remember all newts are different there not gonna eat everything and dont change the food alot just stick with one or two foods.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back