2 down one to go

J

jesper

Hi all,
Just thought I'd update the state of my 3 cynops orientalis. Another one died yesterday, he had been eating very poorly since I got him but never developed any ulcers. The first one died with his body covered by ulcers. The third and last one developed an ulcer 4 days ago, I started myxazin treatment directly on the ulcer. This time I used 15000 times the recommended dosage - concentrated solution that is. After four days treatment the newt is still showing no ill effects of the high dosage and the ulcer has not spread and seems to be healing. I'll post a new update soon.

All the necessary precautions were taken to stop this bacterial illness from spreading, these newts were infected when I got them though.

That's awful Jesper
sad.gif

My oldest and dearest rat, Randal, died this morning -(no emoticon even remotely correct here.)

Maybe we need a new one of a heart being ripped into a thousand pieces..........................

(Message edited by cxp845 on December 12, 2003)

Sorry Claire
sad.gif

At least I have hope on account of one of them.
Do you have more rats?

Yep, I've got Loki and Dante.

Big fat monster rats -who are waiting at the entrance to their tank for Randals return
angel.gif

Hi
are they named after dante and randall from clerks and loki from dogma?

yep,

my first rats were bob and jay

Bob was a tubby b*tch who was pretty smart, Jay was slimmer, constantly active, and not too bright.

well spotted Paul
happy.gif

This is a piccie of Bob and Jay -Bob's the brunette, Jay's the blonde

9601.jpg

jay was always shagging bob -bob dint like it. either that or he played hard to get

Well Silent Bob and Horny Gay Jay or what?
Seen Clercs? I love that movie!
Cute though I think Bob should be fatter and Jay skinner to make them look more "real", hehe.

Oh <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> I didnt seem your posts above!
blush.gif

I like your style Claire!!! COOOOL!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

An update on my orientalis:
It has not responded on myxazin treatment and the ulcer is growing, probably an underlying internal infection. He is still not showing any signs of illness though - so the battle is still on!
Never say die!
smile7.gif

Wait, homosexuality in mice? Only tot it was displayed in certain birds only? Jesper, i say we need a specific forum on caudate diseases!

You know, Sam, I think homosexuality has been noted in other mammals...leopards, if I remember right...and I know I've read about cattle (and I'm not talking about dominance displays, either)....
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back