Ed Kowalksi or Anyone HELP!

A

angie

Help. As some one said,I think my newt has bloat. I have had it for three years. It has been this way about 9 days. It is still quite active and can still swim but is even bigger than when I first reported. I have separated him out but should I put him out of his misery? HELP!!
17229.jpg
17230.jpg

I would strongly suggest starting the soaking in hypertonic ringers solution or a salt solution as described by Dr. Chernoff on the caudate culture site until you can get to a vet to rule out red leg or other infections.

Ed

I have bad news...my newt passed on. It makes me realize that I need to keep on top of my tanks to be sure they are clean and have good water levels...my questions now is...does newts like their water neutral, alkaline, high PH, low PH? I never tested their water before...I figured they would do fine in normal water...guess I was wrong. I always tested my fish tanks but not my newt tanks. Any suggestions or websites I can try. It must be listed somewhere on this website...but where?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back