Sick salamander

D

daniela

Hi, i'm a new member of this community, and i need help for my salamander. She has some crusts on the eyelids so she can't open the eyes and see. She is full of this black lesions and so she leaves her skin 1 o 2 times at week. My doctor says that it's difficult to recover, but she is in this condition from 2 months, so i think that she had to die... what can I do?

I'm very afraid because I love her... :-(

What kind of salamander is it? Is she aquatic or terrestrial? Did your doctor offer any medication?

She is a terrestrial salamander, here her photo. My doctor offer cortison chemicetina for the eyes, and an antibiotic for by oral. I give her 10 cl a day, but I don't know the name of this medicine.Last month I put on the black stains the sulfadiazina. thank you in advance for your help.
43308.gif

Looks like a Tiger salamander. What is the set up for his cage? Is it possible that he may be stressed? What are you feeding him?

she lives in a terrarium, to which I have removed the wood bark with some gravel, musk and two fountains. He/she eats at times crickets, worms of the flour and pieces of meat. it is always active only less vivacious since she has lost the sight. Before it often played with me to hide herself, now she climbs less and at times she breathes to work. Before it always surprised me as, I didn't imagine but this animal it was so intelligent, therefore now I am very sorry that she is sick

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back