Wound

S

sarah

I have a firebelly newt, who when i bought him had a wound o his bottom jaw, you can see the bone,
Hes eating and is lively but over the last week or so it has become quite swollen, i'm not sure whether this could be the beginning of an infection :-/
Is there anything i can do??

My whole post on "Head sore: second newt" (last posting today, I think) was about tracking this problem exactly including the treatment... this newt had a pinhead sized sore and is currently doing very well, one of mine did die when the sore grew large. There is a lot of conflicting ideas... given the possiblity of existing infection, I would also try the H2O2 suggestion (1:1 dilution applied with a cotton swab leave 2-3 min and RINSE WELL with water).

Good luck, treat immediately.

(Message edited by jdeboer on March 24, 2006)

(Message edited by jdeboer on March 24, 2006)

This is all fairly new to me, i didn't really understand a word of that :-/ and whats this H2O2 thing? sorry if i sound dumb!

H2O2 - hydrogen peroxide
happy.gif
sorry

The treatment I used is in this months forum under "Newt and Salamander Help" under the thread "Head sore: second newt first died"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back