Newt Looks Bloated

H

hailee

When I came home today, I saw my newt flipped over in the tank! I quickly took him out of the water and onto a towel. I saw that his tail was moving but nothing else so i knew he was not dead. I also noticed that his lower stomach has grow about 2x the size than this morning! I went on the computer and tried to info. on it. (my newt was still lying there with his over grown stomach, with his tail still moving) Than I came across this site so here i am. My question is What is the matter with my newts stomach?? He really looks like he is bloated! What can I do to cure this?

**My newt is started to look around and moving his legs slightly**

Please Help
sad.gif

All you can do is keep it on the paper towels and see what happens. Be sure to put the newt in a secure container if you walk away, as it may recover and climb away.

What kind of newt is it, and how long has it been in the tank?

Well, I had a california newt it past away about an hr ago...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back