Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My T.gran is lethargic and his eyes look greyish

A

alexandra

I am concerned about my T.gran Izzie.
I did a water change this past Saturday. It took me a while because I was rearranging the tank.
I kept him in a small container in an air-conditioned room. I did the same with my other T. gran Moe.
The next day Izzie shed, but not as usually in one piece splitting down the middle but in pieces. He seemed to be a lot less active, almost lethargic and his eyes seem to look grayish.
Moe is fine. She is swimming around and actually has been hanging around a lot close by Izzie.
I try to keep the tank cool, but it does get up to around 70/75 sometimes during the day. Sometimes I do partial water changes with cool water to bring down the temperature. I recently increased the tank size to a 55 gallon, but only keep it about 1/3 full with water. I have a filter in the tank and do 1/3 water changes every weekend.
I should mention that Izzie is at least 12 years old. Could it be that it is his time?
Also, I recently added a water lily to the tank. Are they safe to use in newt tanks?

P

pin-pin

Hi Alex,

Ah, see my post in your other thread. Wait for a few more days and see if the problem clears up.

It is best to soak/quarantine things that you will be putting into the tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!