Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Eurycea guttolineata

G

guy

I am thinking of getting a couple of Eurycea guttolineata but have found no information on the internet or this site about how to care or house them, so i am wondering if anyone here has any information about them?

Guy

C

cam

Hi Guy

I don't know much in this area but do know that you can fit 2 or 3 in a 10 gallon tank

dot

Reaction score
Guy --

Three-lined salamanders are relatively small. I kept three E.cirrigera in a 2.5 gallon comfortably. I had them in a 10 gallon for a period of time but found that it was actually too big. If you're looking to start a colony, a 10G would be fine, but you can use a smaller tank, 2.5 or 5 for 3-5 of them.

E

edward

Well, I wouldn't call them small for a Eurycea. They can be between 4 and 6.25 inches in length with the record of a little over seven inches (almost twice the size of you cirrigera Dot). I have kept them like longicauda which is a little more terrestrial than the links Jen provided but otherwise the same.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!