Fine Sand for Caudata Morph, see any problem?

I

ian

I am currently raising my CFB morph terrestially with fine black sand(at most 1mm in diameter) with coconut fiber and gravel mix for half a year already.

I am just wondering if I am doing it correctly. Is there going to be any harm? I know that occasionally, they will drag their food, frozen bloodworm, on the substrate. They might swallow a few grain of sand. Do you think it will have any permanent effect to their health? Will those sand accumulate in their stomach?

So far there seem to have no problem. And I was thinking that their natural habitat probably will have some similar material, considering the wide range of their habitat. So I went ahead for the subtrate at first. But now I just like to confirm about it and also like to see how other think about this.

Thanks

If I were you, I would put another layer of soil, gravel, or moss substrate over the sand. That way, you won't have to worry about any black sand inhaling.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back