Milky substance

B

bludragon20002000

Hi I am having problems with my fire belly newt. He seems to have a white milky substance in his tank. I would like to know if it can be from clorien drops or something els in the tank that can be causeing it. Can you help me?

You will need to provide more information to get a good answer. Is all the water milky? Is there any white stuff on the bottom of the tank, or attached to ornaments in the tank? How long has the tank been set up, and how soon did the milkyness appear?

it is more of a white stuff that you cant see untill it is on the newt him self.

the milky substance is not something that will hang around the items in the tank. it is more of a substance that is hard to see and is realy hard to explain what els it could be...does this help you any?

can any one els help me out and thank you those that have tried to help me out.

sad.gif
can any one help me?

<font color="ff0000"> thanks if you can help me out just e-mail me. my e-mail address is on the top page...thanks again...</font> {sad}

Starla, you haven't really provided enough information for anyone to help much. A picture would be great, but if not, how about some more information? What are your water parameters (temp, pH, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates)? What do you have in the tank as far as animals? Decorations? Filter? Have you put anything new in the past few weeks?

(Message edited by Joan on September 14, 2005)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back