Post pics of your fire bellied setup

C

connor

I currently have 2 healthy C.Orientallis in around a 4gal tank and will be upgrading to a 10 gal,hopefully,soon(if i can convince my parents).
So i was looking for some inspiration.MInes real basic at he minute...floating log,bare bottom(dads getting some pebbels from the garden centre today) and floating plants(duckweed). I had a slate cave(with the top coming otu of the water) but it kept collapsing as theres no substrate so thats gone. I want soem bogwood too.
So can i see your pics?
wink.gif

Thanks

Have you gone into the Vivaria & Epuiptment/Products Reviews section and taken a look through the photos of peoples tanks in there? It may give you some ideas. You seem to have some good ideas of your own so far. If you want your slate cave that comes out of the waters surface why don't you use sand as a substrate. The floating log would be great,wish I had one.

DOesnt sand damage their throats etc when they swallow? ANyway ive bought a gravel(big enough for them not to swallow it) and its greyish so it looks naturalish

40 gallon tank with maybe 20 gallons of water. There are 5 C.Orientalis in there.

Mine is only a 15 gallon. ^_^
How is your tank turning out? Any photos?

Mine is a 20 long with 5 C.O.s. They have been laying eggs ever since I switched from gravel to sand.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back