Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Triturus pygmaeus/marmoratus

J

jesper

My recently arrived ones arent eating, I've offered them pieces of earthworms and frozen bloodworms. They are about 5cm long and thin, they were transported for 7 days so I supposed they would be pretty hungry. They are cb and look to be in good shape otherwise, pretty alert and rather active. They arrived two days ago now.

I have been trying to find small live food around here but there only crickets and earthworms to be found. I am currently trying to find drosophila but they are difficult to find fast.

Any ideas? Should I just wait? How long can these young juveniles last without food?

M

mark

Jesper ive heard that gut-loaded pin-head crickets,chopped earthworm,frozen bloodworm and fruit flies are a good source of food for raising juveniles.

Mark

J

jesper

The smallest crickets are too big as I said. I have already tried with chopped earthworms and frozen bloodworms see above. Drosophila melanogaster = fruitflies.
But thanks anyway
wink.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1