Help me and my poor little FBN!

J

john

My female C. Oriental is not doin so good it seems. She was the one I had that became gravid and had some eggs. 3 of which survived and I am currently looking after. Back to the female: She was acting sorta funny and seemed to have white around her eyes and some around her hind legs. I picked her up to check her out and quaratine her. It looked as though mabye something could be eating away at her back legs. I dont know for sure, there was some discoloration, sorta whitish with some red. She doesnt use her left back leg much at all. It seems injured. Also her skin is very smooth, muddy kinda, it looks like mabye she has not shed her skin well. When I was hold her, some of the old skin was coming off and some not. Is there anything I can do to help her shed. And anything I can do to help if it is an infection. I use repti-safe as a water conditioner, is there something better I can use for them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back