Juvy abystoma maculatum not eating

B

brendan

ive heard that spotted salamanders are supposed to be voracious, but my juvy wont eat anything. i tried to feed him a chopped worm, of appropriate size, but he didnt eat it. i tried an aphid, a small pill bug, a small beetle, a small slug, and he ate none of it. i have him temporarily set up in a paper-towel tank, with a water bowl. hell sometimes use the water bowl, but he mostly stays under the paper towels. i dont know what to do, and i dont want him to die. he's about 3.5 inches long, if that gives any clue to his age, or food size... please help. thanks

-brendan

okay then, i guess he'll just have to die, because i have no clue what im doing and you guys have been no help. no offense

-brendan

oh, nevermind that last comment. i was angry, because nobody ever answers my posts. but due to recent enlightenment, i think im just going to let him go.

-brendan

okay im outta here for the day. off to let them go, and look at the vernal pool with LOTS of tadpoles of God knows what. they hatched 2 days ago, havent been there since. thanks for the help.

-brendan

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back