Salamandra terrarium

L

leonidas

I'm thinking of catching a salamandra salamandra,but I don't know how big the twerrarium should be and how much per cent of humidity they need.Anybody that can give me some info will be very helpful.

First DON´T!!!!! You can´t catch fire salamanders....it´s illegal, it´s wrong and you won´t get any help from anyone in this forum if you do so. If you want one...find a breeder and acquire one legally...with papers that proof it´s captive bred. But never catch a wild one....not only because it´s completely forbidden and you can get punished but also because a wild animal will surely be infested of parasites, will probably refuse to eat at first, and will have higher maintenance levels than a captive bred one. If you´ve never kept one, a wild animal may be a real challenge to deal with.

If you decide to get a legal captive bred one....then take a look at this.
http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Salamandra/Salamandra_sp.shtml

Hi Leonida, I'm Greek too. Please don't catch a wild animal if you truly love animals and you care about them...It's completely wrong to do that. You can find captive bred salamanders in pet shops if you do a good research. It's not difficult, especially in Athens. I hope you take the right decision...

Hey hey!!Dont accuse me for things that I wont do!!A friend of mine is a breeder so I will take some from him!!Offcourse I know that I shouldn't catch wild animals and I'm really against it!!I just didn't say it in the right way.

Thanks for all the info!!The salamander breeder dissapeared!!Does anybody knows how and were I can order a salamandra salamandra??Will it arrive safe(I live in Greece.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back