George of the Puddle. ? -2005

B

bradford

I have very sad news. My Tiger Salamander, George of the Puddle, passed on today. I'll miss him terribly. As a few of you know, or may not know. I had to move from Phoenix AZ up to Ogden UT and was planning on going down to retrieve him this spring. I'd left him in the capable hands of my ex-fiance. Well I'll have to cancel my plans as apparently he'd stopped eating a few days ago, and from what I understand he crawled up on his rock while the ex-fiance was at work and fell asleep and died. I'm very sad about this, shortly after I left in Oct of 2004 my box turtle Missy died as well. I still have Grumpy, my Mudpuppy. So I still hold out hope that I'll be able to keep at least one critter alive. The pet store I got Grumpy from has gotten in a bunch of Axolotls, a couple albino's, a couple Golden ones and two other's. I may go see them about a couple wee beasties in the morning. I don't know yet, we'll see. For those of you that gave me help and suggestions along the way, Thank you.
Brad

You have my sympathy, but to be honest it does not surprise me that George of the Puddle died. It appeared from your previous post that you were keeping George in an aquatic set-up. If he were still kept in that type of set-up (seen here (http://www.caudata.org/forum/messages/985/33336.html?1112189312)then his death was inevitable. Tiger salamanders are strictly terrestrial (other than when breeding), and will not tolerate an aquatic set-up.

Again you have my condolences for George's death, but take his death as a learning experience. Know how to properly care for an animal like George before you take it in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back