Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Spanish house full of Gecko's

M

mark

Hi there,

I have just bought an old house in South East Spain in the Mountains. I am planning on modernising it and decorating but I have a family of Gecko's inside living sometimes in the bathroom and in one of the bedrooms. I love them but i need some questions answered,

Description: They range from 7inches downwards and are a sandy green colour with stripes across their backs to the tip of their tails in a darker shade.

What type are they?
Do they bite people?
Do they crawl into bed to gain warmth whilst you are sleeping?
Would it be a health hazard?
Should I move them out to a nearby ruin or will they move out as i move in?

Thanks

Mark...London UK

M

mark

Mark,
This forum is not focused on reptiles but is focused on caudata and your question has nothing about caudates in it,so i think your posting in the wrong place.

Mark_uk

(Message edited by Mark_uk on January 04, 2004)

L

leonardo

even if this is not the right place to write this post I can answer you:
they are probably Hemidactylus turcicus, one of the most common geckos all over the world.
they DON'T bite people
they DON'T go into your bed while you're sleeping as they always live on vertical walls (or on the "roof") and they don't like persons
you can keep them in, as they will eat for you many bugs,spiders,mosquitos,flies and moths...
please let them live in this old house with you...

bye
Leo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1